Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ride-on Mower & Escapee Sheep
Today Steve and I managed to get the ride-on up into the trailer. I'm going to take it into town tomorrow to see if the mower guy can find out what's wrong with it. It won't start, basically. The battery has been fully charged, so that's not the problem. My brother thinks it's something to do with the starter motor but even from his description I don't know where that is. I even put petrol (and oil) in the normal push mower but couldn't start that either. The ride-on has been out of action for a while and the grass is getting very high, so I thought I had better take it somewhere. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be getting it into the trailer. Steve was pulling on a heavy rope and I was pushing up the metal car ramps. Anyway, we'll see what the mower guy says tomorrow.
After moving the sheep into the Triangle Paddock and Veggie Paddock I thought they would stay put, thinking that the fences of those paddocks are better than some. But if there is the smallest chance that the lambs can push through, they will. Plus Fluffy and Spotty Ram (last year's lambs) always manage as well, even though they are both quite big now. They are just the adventurous types.
Our chickens (or should I say 3yr old chooks) haven't layed an egg in over a week. We are down to five now from ten. I guess they're the five that don't lay.

No comments: