Sunday, November 26, 2006

Moving Animals & Gardening
Yesterday Dad helped me move the cows down to the Veggie Paddock. I tried to move them by myself but they just looked at me and wouldn't move. Then we moved the sheep up to the top western paddock. Mum and I went up there this afternoon to collect pine cones and count the sheep, and they seemed to be enjoying their new grass, plus they have a large pine tree for shelter in the heat. Today Dad helped me put up the electric netting between the gate to the Veggie Paddock and the gate leading to the cattle yards in preparation for the AI process to start on Tuesday. Today Dad also mowed around the house and at the front near the road. The grass is starting to look neat again. The chickens also layed two eggs in the last few days!
I almost forgot, yesterday I planted lots of seedlings (tomatoes, pumpkins, corn, cucumbers, zucchini). Although today was quite warm and this afternoon they looked a bit wilted. I'll water them twice a day and hope that I don't loose them. Plus two of my potatoes are showing signs of life, sending up a few new leaves.

No comments: