Saturday, November 11, 2006

Garbage Collection and New Trough
Today I bought a wheelie bin because we are going to get our garbage collected on Thursday! No more messy garbage bags in the boot on the way to the tip! We're going to get a collection once a week, so I'll have to take advantage of that and start cleaning out the shed, a little bit every week.
I also bought a new water trough today to go in the Veggie Paddock (called because it is the paddock next to the veggie garden). I bought all the fittings to connect the trough, with a short length of hose, to the tap. I wrapped plumbers tape around the threads as instructed and put it all together and it worked wonderfully. So now I have one less paddock to drag a trough to. Ultimately, I'd like to get a trough for each paddock.
I also cleaned out the cows trough today. I hadn't cleaned it for a while and it was filthy with thick algae on the bottom - the water was clean though. On McLeod's Daughters they're always talking about cleaning out troughs. Sometimes it seems overdone but believe me, troughs always need cleaning.
In the evening I weeded the garden and put down some sugar cane mulch around the potatoes and beans. I also planted two tomato plants that I had in pots in the shed. I'll try and plant the other three tomato plants tomorrow. These tomato plants are about 40cm high, so they're ready for the outdoors. My other tomato plants are only very small seedlings at the moment. The corn seedlings are about 20cm and should also be transplanted soon too - maybe tomorrow.
I was going to mow around the house today but the ride-on mower wouldn't start. It's on the charger overnight, although I don't think that's the problem. That's something else I need to do tomorrow - either mow or figure out what's wrong with the ride-on.

No comments: