Thursday, June 18, 2009


Nova gets away again
On the morning of 28 April when I poked my head out to get the cat food bowl I heard mooing. Not the normal far away not my problem mooing, but a closer to home come and help mooing. So I quickly got the cats fed and set off to the back paddock. When I got there I found Nova in the neighbours place at the back. Heavens knows how he got through the fence, I certainly couldn't see. He is turning out to be quite an escape artist. And of course to get him back in I had to unlock the back gate - I won't forget the key the next time I go down the back. After returning with the key I managed to get Nova out the neighbour's gate and into our gate without letting Star out. Cow and calf were very grateful to be reunited. Star was the one doing all the mooing, by the way, not Nova. After all the commotion all the other calves sidled up to their mums for comfort too. But that was soon forgotten and all the calves got together again. In the photos you can see how fast Nova is growing compared to the other calves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They all look healthy :-)