Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Crutching, Shearing Rambo & Bobbie
The sheep were crutched by my neighbour on 14 March. Then on 2 April the shearer came to shear Rambo. I wanted to protect Rambo's fleece and keep him warm now that winter was fast approaching, so we put a cover on him. Now I don't know whether Bobbie remembered when Rambo first arrived or if he just doesn't like covers but he started attacking Rambo. The next day I got Rambo and some of the sheep back into the shed and removed Rambo's cover. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough for Bobbie and he continued to spit on him and chase him and wrap his neck around his head and the like. So I moved the sheep to the next paddock and kept Bobbie separate and let him into the 'tree run' surrounding the middle eastern paddock. I kept them separate for three whole weeks, then moved them all to the top eastern paddock. Everything is back to normal now. I guess that means that I can never put a cover on Rambo, because I'm not going through that again.

No comments: