Sunday, June 28, 2009

Five Trees for Fifty Years
Yesterday we had the perfect conditions to do something I had been wanting to do for a long time. We dug out some seedling pine trees from the front of the property near the road and planted them in the wind break near the western neighbour's fence. It is winter so the trees are dormant and digging was easy because we have had some rain, and we also didn't need to water them in because we had good rain overnight as well. I didn't do this by myself either, as my whole family are visiting to help me celebrate my 50th birthday. Originally we had decided to plant five trees for my fifty years but I miscalculated the spacing and had to plant six instead, but that didn't really matter. The tree break does seem rather wide and empty, but in time I plan to plant some gums or maybe wattles in between the pines.

No comments: