Monday, September 01, 2008

Veggie Tank is Full
I did it all by myself! I cut and connected the poly pipe to get the water out of the shed tank and to the pump and I started the pump and filled the veggie tank with no help and nothing went wrong! Yesterday we had 25mm of rain and the cement shed tank was half full. Yesterday afternoon while it was raining I made the intake pipe with the connectors I bought with the tank and put it all together. As you can see from the photographs the pipe had to go up and over the edge of the tank. Then I had to collect Steve and Lucy from town so I didn't get to pump yesterday. But that meant we had more water this morning, so that was okay. I took this morning off work to pump the water because there was no other time, unless I wanted to do it at dusk or in the dark. If I didn't do it today it would have leaked out in a few days and I would have nothing. I filled the veggie tank to a half rung from the top before the water in the cement shed tank ran out, so that was pretty good, and all before 9.30am. So now there is no stopping me, it's full speed ahead with the garden, there are no excuses now. And when I do have plants and I use the water and it rains again, I have the ways and means to fill the veggie tank again. I'm pretty pleased with myself.

No comments: