Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another Lamb Gone
Today when I checked the sheep there were only three lambs. "Big Baby's" second twin was no where to be found. I have no idea what happened to it. I walked up and down the paddock and couldn't even find the poor little thing. We haven't had any new arrivals and have three ewes still to lamb. I have included some photos of the little mothers. One is of "Flystrike" and her lamb, who seems to be having diarrhoea problems. These photos were taken yesterday and today the lamb seemed better. In fact today the three lambs seemed bigger, more steady and faster. I have also included a photo of "Ebony" and her ever increasing stomach. This is her first lamb and so if she hasn't had her lamb or lambs by next weekend I am thinking of calling the vet in to make sure everything is okay.

No comments: