Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Septic Tank
We had our septic tank pumped out today. One of the 'joys' of living out of town. Aparently you have to get it pumped out every three years. We've almost been here three years. Today was our property settlement date three years ago. We didn't actually move in until early January, though. Originally the septic guy suggested dumping the effluent at the back of our property, saying that he apparently did that last time and that it would save me $100. At first I said okay but after thinking about it changed my mind and paid the extra $100 for him to take it all way. I found out today that if I had taken up his suggestion I would have been hit with a hefty fine. I'm glad common sense prevailed. Upon thinking about it today, if you have to pump out every three years then a septic system isn't very sustainable. Maybe that's yet another thing that will need to be replaced with a more environmental and sustainable version of waste disposal down the track.

No comments: