Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fencing Materials
Today I connected the trailer and drove into town and bought a gate (plus hinges and latch), a roll of hinge joint, a roll of wire and 40 star picket posts. Now I'm ready to organise a fencing contractor. I have left a message with one and I'm waiting for him to get back to me. I may not wait much longer, though, as I'm eager to get the fences under way.
Bobby seems to be fine, he was standing up and eating more today. The lambs are also thriving. I moved the netting across to the far side of the dam paddock today. Next weekend I'll move them to another paddock. The cows seem to be happy roaming around. At the moment they have the run of the other paddocks, but now that the grass is growing a bit I might try and limit them to one paddock at a time.
I planted more vegetable seeds today (zucchini, cucumber, pumpkin). I also repotted the tomato seedlings I bought the other day, and will be keeping them in the shed for a while longer.
I walked to the neighbours for a chat, plus paid for my part of the shearing. They were saying that they're having a lot of trouble with foxes, dogs and crows hurting their lambs. They think this is because both us and their neighbours on the other side have alpacas and so the lamb predators are preying on their lambs instead. Poor little lambies, they're so defenceless.
In other news, this morning the bathroom scales went down another kilo. I know this is not a weight loss journal, but it's all part of the process. That's 14 kilos so far this year, with another 6 kilos to lose to achieve my goal by Christmas.

No comments: