Sunday, December 03, 2006


New Weaving Project
Apart from all the animal stuff, I have found time to start weaving another scarf. This time I wound my own warp and threaded the loom all by myself, with the help of two girls at my spinning group in planning the initial thread count and a book called Learning to Weave by Deborah Chandler. The instructions were very clear and I felt like I really achieved something. I have only just started weaving but I'm pleased with it so far. The pattern is a twill and is also from a friend from spinning. Now I just have to force myself away from the computer and to the loom, which is just on the other side of the room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the weaving going, Linda? Have you had a chance to do anymore, in amongst your busy life?

Linda said...

I think I could be about a third of the way, as I have wound on the warp about four times. I'm surprised at how much I can do in one sitting sometimes. I really do need to set aside more time, maybe I'll do that in the holidays ...