Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Biocycle


I have had a lot of trouble with my septic over the years and finally decided to spend (borrow) some money and buy a new one.  As I am in a drinking water catchment and laws for these things change, I researched and found that I had to put in an aerated system.  I chose a Biocycle and it was installed on 4 May.  I took lots of photos and have included enough to tell the story.  Due to the position of the outgoing grey water pipes a new hole had to be dug with the old septic tank being filled in.  As is it aerated there is a 75W pump that runs 24/7 and it pumps out treated water via a hose every now and then.  All the water from the house goes to it, including the shower and washing machine.  It will take some time to install all the necessary underground pipes and sprinklers, so in the mean time I have a soak hose on the front lawn.





No comments: