Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fence Mending


On Sunday (7 April) Russell and I walked along the western back paddock fence and along the gully to the dam and then back.  This was Russell’s first long walk on the farm since his hip replacement and he managed better than he had thought.  The purpose was to mend the boundary fence where the neighbour’s sheep have been getting through.  I had previously mended two obvious holes on 11 & 17 March.  But with Russell we did a more thorough job.  The dam was quite low, possibly the lowest I have ever seen.  The cows ignored us the whole time.
Dad and I also added droppers to the western fence in the top paddock (14 April 2013) in an attempt to stop the neighbour’s sheep from getting from the fruit tree run into my paddocks.  I don’t mind them in under the plumb trees, as it would be a major job to fix or replace the western lower fence, but I still need to stop them from getting into where my sheep graze.

No comments: