Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ramp (the final piece of the puzzle)
My cattle yard ramp was delivered on the same day as the shearing . Although, the ramp was a few feet from the actual yards and there were no joining brackets welded in position. But the next week someone came and pushed it into place and screwed on the brackets and fitted the pegs. The ramp was made to be used with both cattle and sheep, plus it is adjustable for a variety of heights to accommodate putting sheep onto a trailer as well as a truck.
A couple of days after that I also bought a trough for the corner, so the cows wouldn't go without water while in the yards overnight. (I have since lowered the height of the trough, as it was a bit too high.) I don't know if I mentioned before, but I also bought a 'man' gate for the other side of the yards. (I bought this at the same time as the custom gate in the back of the shed.) This skinny gate can also be seen in the ramp picture below.
The very next week I got to use the yards for their purpose ... but that's another story.

No comments: