Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pumping from Shed Tank
I recently had a connection put into the tap system for the troughs so that I can pump from the shed tank to the tank at the top of the hill. That way I can save the water from the shed before it gets lost through the leak in the bottom of the tank. I had pumped up once before but since then my Dad has built a little pump house, so that I can leave the pump where it is used and not have to move it each time. I can also pump when it is raining. We had 33ml the other day and so I pumped until the pump ran out of petrol. It was coming in as fast as I could pump out. Today I will check the tank at the top of the hill. I suspect that it will be full now. The house tanks are also full. I haven't checked the front dam yet. But while I can pump fresh clean rain water I won't need the front dam.

No comments: