Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tea Towels Off Loom
I finished weaving today! I managed to squeeze in a 10cm sample at the end of the fourth tea towel. So this weekend I will cut them apart, finish the ends and wash them. I've measured them, so I can see how much they shrink, for future projects. I'll include a photograph of the finish products after that.

PS I just walked past the loom. It looked so empty. Just like empty spinning bobbins or empty knitting needles, the empty loom beckons you, doesn't it? I have already decided on my next project but it won't be on this loom, as I am only borrowing it and have to give it back. So now I have to find another loom - and make more towels. All these tea towels aren't for me, mind you. Of the four I have almost finished I am giving one to my Mum and one to my Mother-in-Law as belated Mother's Day presents.

No comments: