Thursday, May 17, 2007

Me Day
I had a 'Me' Day today. I had worked extra hours at the beginning of the week and took today off. This was primarily because Paul left again yesterday and I needed some time to myself. He is starting a new job in Sydney next week and is going to stay with his mother until he finds a place of his own. So, today I wanted to do stuff just for me. Of course I did some other things such as washing, changing the registration sticker on the car, changing the straw in the chicken's nesting boxes, refilling the cows' water, bringing in some wood for the evening's fire and the inevitable taxiing of children, but for the majority of the day I caught up on my weaving. I finished the third waffle weave tea towel and decided to also weave a plain weave tea towel with the same colour pattern. I'm not sure why I had so much warp left over. I could have miscalculated the loom wastage or take-up. I certainly hope I haven't made a mistake and made short tea towels. I guess time will tell and all will be revealed when I finally take them off the loom. Of course, I may get close to the end of the final tea towel and find I don't really have enough for a full tea towel but I'm going to try anyway. I'm over half way and the end is in sight but I have typing I need to finish, so the weaving will have to wait for another day.

No comments: