Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another New Lamb
This morning, when I went to feed my two lonely chickens, the sheep and cows saw me and started 'calling out' to me, so I knew something was up and decided to go and say hello. As I got closer I could see what all the fuss was about - a new little white lamb. The mum was Original Mum and I think the lamb is a girl and she is white as white with fluffy wool. She is a full merino and therefore is here to stay. Ebony is also one of Original Mum's lambs, so she became a grandma and a mum in the space of a couple of weeks!
The cows were also at the top of the hill so I got to talk to them and patted Gemma and Freda.
Unfortunately, we're in for some really cold weather over the next week, so tomorrow morning I might try and bring the sheep down to the 'Triangle Paddock' with access to the shed. I was intending to move them to the next paddock or down to the 'Dam Paddock' next weekend, but I think I'll skip a few paddocks and bring them near the shed. I don't want to lose any lambs due to the cold and it will be safer from fox attack too.
I didn't bring my camera with me this morning, so I'll take photos another time.
Lambs are supposed to be born in spring! I hope their mums keep them warm tonight.

No comments: