Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tarot Reading
This is a personal entry. If you don't believe in things like Tarot you could possibly stop reading now, unless you might be interested in what I think is important enough to include here.
I did the first Tarot reading for myself when Paul came home temporarily early last year. I won't elaborate except to say that the outcome card was 10 of Wands: "Some struggles are not worth the effort. Know when to walk away."
I did my second Tarot reading yesterday, and again I won't elaborate because most of it is personal and eerily accurate and appropriate. However, the very first card, which represents the past or the root of the question, was The World: "This is completion, success, arrival. Everything in your life is in harmony and you have succeeded with a big project. Share your insight and wisdom with others, while you are in this stage of enlightenment."
This doesn't refer to a physical project, I think this refers to the last two years of depression and working through that to where I am today. I don't think that I am truly out of it but I am at a stage where I can see a future and I can look back. What I wanted to say to anyone who is seeking advice on the subject, is that just because your husband doesn't love you any more it isn't the end of the world. We are stronger than we think we are. I acknowledge that I had support from friends and family and I am very grateful for that, but those who don't have that support will also find the strength to move on and start a new life. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is a bright light.
I admit that I am not on my own yet, as my son is still living at home and will be for a while, but I am at a stage where I know I will be okay on my own and I am ready for that challenge. I feel as though I have risen to my challenges so far and I have been able to ask for and find help for those things I couldn't do myself. Unfortunately, with my increasing workload that is becoming more often lately. But I'm sure I will get back to a time where I will be more engaged with the farm and animals.
I may not be 'enlightened' or sharing 'insight and wisdom' or maybe I am and could, but I need to think on that a bit more. I would just like to encourage others to push on through the bad times, start making plans, dare to dream and work towards dreams and plans one step at a time.

1 comment:

Ruth S. said...

Linda - congratulations on coming through your journey as a stronger person! Been there, done that... and kharma will out.